Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Fred Vos <fr...@fredvos.org> on 2007/09/05 22:12:39 UTC

Getting started with caching

Last year at the CocoonGT, there was an interesting talk on setting up
caching for Cocoon. At the moment we're having problems with caching.
Cocoon seems to be caching forever. For one specific pipeline I want
caching for a maximum of one hour, because the data in a backend
database can change. For performance we do want caching, but not too
long.

Can anyone show me how to set the Cocoon caching for a specific
pipeline to a maximum of one hour. Or, better, is there a document
somewhere, explaining how to setup caching, including examples?

I do have the notes from the CocoonGT 2006 and I've read the
caching.html page in the userdocs/concepts in the 2.1 documentation. A
simple example can help me to get started.

Thanks,

Fred

Re: Getting started with caching

Posted by Gabriele Columbro <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fred,
I think that this [1] may provide some of the info you may need.

Hope this helps,
Gab

[1]
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/documentation/components/1063/g1/939.html

On 9/5/07, Fred Vos <fr...@fredvos.org> wrote:

> Last year at the CocoonGT, there was an interesting talk on setting up
> caching for Cocoon. At the moment we're having problems with caching.
> Cocoon seems to be caching forever. For one specific pipeline I want
> caching for a maximum of one hour, because the data in a backend
> database can change. For performance we do want caching, but not too
> long.
>
> Can anyone show me how to set the Cocoon caching for a specific
> pipeline to a maximum of one hour. Or, better, is there a document
> somewhere, explaining how to setup caching, including examples?
>
> I do have the notes from the CocoonGT 2006 and I've read the
> caching.html page in the userdocs/concepts in the 2.1 documentation. A
> simple example can help me to get started.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred

Eng. Gabriele Columbro
Consultant at Sourcesense Italy