Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com> on 2012/01/02 11:07:53 UTC

Re: rename column family

Renaming a CF is not directly supported.

You can:
1) Add the new CF using the CLI or CQL
2) On each node copy the SSTable files and use the new CF name.
3) Drop the old CF using the CLI or CQL
4) The Drop CF command will create a snapshot, you may want to delete this.

Hope that helps.

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

Re: rename column family

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
You do not need a restart if you use nodetool refresh

Otherwise a rolling restart will do the trick.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton