Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Philippe Guillard <pg...@soociety.com> on 2004/05/28 09:52:56 UTC

Integrating other webapp in cocoon ?

Hi,

I'd like to re-use existing software (say a forum) in my cocoon Portal,
and need some suggestions/ideas from people more experienced !

What i've found now :
- PortletsJSR168 applications would fit the best to integrate fully in
Cocoon Portal, but only a few applications are available at the moment.
- I found some PHP Applications : there is a PHP block in cocoon but i
suppose this would be not clean, maybe slow
- I found some JSP-Struts applications, for this i could reuse the view
in cocoon (JSP or XSP), and redevelop the Model+Control, but hard work i
think.
- Other solution maybe running the other webapp separately in Tomcat,
not integrated in the portal, could be ok for me, then the issue is
login once for both applications...

Any suggestion how to proceed ?

Phil