Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2019/06/22 09:21:42 UTC

HttpClient 5.0 performance

Folks

I updated my (very unscientific and biased) HttpClient benchmark [1]
and got quite satisfactory results so far.

https://github.com/ok2c/httpclient-benchmark/wiki

Classic HttpClient 5.0 appears some 5 to 10% faster than HttpClient 4.5
and is presently the fastest.

HttpAsyncClient 5.0 appears to be 5 to 10% slower than HttpAsyncClient
4.1 but it does not look too bad as far as I am concerned and we have
not done _any_ performance optimization on the new 5.0 code yet. There
is still a change the performance gap can be reduced.

Feel free to take look and let me know if you get different results.

Oleg

[1] https://github.com/ok2c/httpclient-benchmark