Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jonah Bossewitch <Jo...@mamamedia.com> on 2000/08/08 18:43:47 UTC

custom tags - variable arbitrariness

Hi.

I am trying to write a custom tag that accepts a variable number of
arbitrary attributes.  I have looked into TagExtraInfo and I can get past
the tld validation by having isValid always return true, but then the jsp
page itself complains about unknown attributes since the bean properties and
methods do not exist in the tagclass.

Jonah

simple URL issue

Posted by Duane Gran <ra...@spinweb.net>.
I have tried several things, but I am stumped by a cosmetic issue with
getting the desired URL I want from Tomcat 3.2b.  I desire to have the
nice "/servlet/ServletName" URI, but instead I can only get it work with
"/servlet/servlet/ServletName", which is a little ugly.  I'm sure I'm
overlooking something.

My httpd conf has the following in a VirtualHost entry:

  ApJServMount /servlet ajpv12://localhost:8107/examples

In stand alone mode, here is what I have for the URL to an example:

  http://www.SolarisCentral.org:8080/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

Below is what I have when using Apache to mount this servlet context:

  http://www.SolarisCentral.org/servlet/servlet/HelloWorldExample

In the latter example you can see my dillema with the messy URL.  There
is a FAQ entry about a similar issue with mapping "servlets" in addition
to "servlet" at this URL:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayQuestionAnswer/action/SetAll/project_id/2/faq_id/12/topic_id/43/question_id/351

I tried this advice, but no luck.  I got 404 errors for everything I
tried.  Has anyone seen this before or could you give me a pointer on
this?  Thank you.

Duane Gran
spinweb.net