Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Richard Wallis <Ri...@talis.com> on 2005/03/11 16:00:29 UTC

Empty namespace - again

Hi,

This combination in the WSDL used as input to wsdl2java:

	<wsdlsoap:binding style="document" ...........
	<wsdlsoap:body  use="literal" .........

Results in an empty namespace thus:

      <soapenv:Body>
         <return xmlns="">Hello World</return>
      </soapenv:Body>

Following many threads on this list it is clear that this is a problem.

If you are trying to consume an axis service in .net it appears to be a
'show stopper'.  I have tried use="encoded" but .net rejects it, and
also style="rpc" but still get xmlns="".

As yet I have not been able to identify a work around for this. Although
there seems to some hints of a bug fix for this in the pipeline, it is
still a problem in 1.2RC3.

Questions:
	1. Is there a work around for this so that I can at least use my
axis service in .net?

	2. Is there a fix for this that will appear in the next RC?

Richard Wallis

Re: Empty namespace - again

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
Please provide the rest of the WSDL document.

Can we assume that you have defined the <return> element in the WSDL?

Anne