Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Jim Klucar <kl...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/05 01:18:45 UTC

PRs and reviews

I'd like to discuss how we do PRs and code reviews. Right now we are using
github most likely because that's how we did it before Apache. Now the code
lives in the Apache hosted repo and we have Review Board available to us.
My assumption is that we are individually more familiar with one way or the
other and we could argue their virtues here, but I have another suggestion.
Why not after this release goes out, we switch off github and use review
board for the next release and then discuss?

Re: PRs and reviews

Posted by Danese Cooper <da...@gmail.com>.
+100

It would be great to see Myriad immersing itself a bit more in the Apache Way, and using their tools can only help. Also agree it should be a time-bounded evaluation period.

Re: PRs and reviews

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.
FYI, I asked the infrastructure-dev mailing list about merging github PRs,
and these are the answers I got:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-infrastructure-dev/201510.mbox/%3CCANyrgveNjTDWOXj6fM4v2hRhJXwB%3DS2ko8rZ_2if6AY2c-Knyw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
and
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-infrastructure-dev/201510.mbox/%3CCAPbPdOY%2BYq0VACKbqXx3%2B0zquD3Ro9t7ciECqEEiUtZ6JExrvw%40mail.gmail.com%3E

TL;DR:
- Cloudstack has a git-pr script:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/tree/master/tools/git
- jfarrell created a rbt extension: https://github.com/jfarrell/rbt-github
- Including "Fixes #123" in the commit message will tell asfbot to close
the PR/issue.