Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Jo...@wellsfargo.com on 2006/03/27 22:23:05 UTC

[DBCP] DataSources + jocl files?

Hi all,

I now have some code that I'd like to be able to deploy for production
use both inside and outside the container.  It uses DataSources looked
up via JNDI and for performance reasons I don't want to do a lookup to
the app server to get the connection.  I first created a simple "direct
JDBC" example using a jocl file.  I then created an example using jndi
plus a datasource.  Both worked fine, but I'm using Sun's fsprovider,
which is difficult to configure.  I'd like the ease of configuration
that the jocl file gives me and the ease of integration with existing
code that datasources give me, but I can't connect the dots on how to
use them together.  In other words, I'd like to configure a datasource
in my jndi context with just a url string that the data source.  The
DataSource would then call DriverManager.getConnection(url), at which
point the jocl configuration would take over.  Is this possible?  If so,
how?

Thanks

John Gregg
Application Systems Engineer
Wells Fargo Private Client Services Technology