Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Henrik Brautaset Aronsen <he...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/14 09:52:56 UTC

Performance degradation after upgrading from 6.2.1 to 6.4.1

We are seeing performance degradation on our SolrCloud instances after
upgrading to 6.4.1.

Here are a couple of graphs.  As you can see, 6.4.1 was introduced 2/10
1200:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrc0wodain50azz/solr1.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdk30imm8jlomz2/solr2.png?dl=0

These are two very different usage scenarios:

* Solr1 has constant updates and very volatile data (30 minutes TTL, 20
shards with no replicas, across 8 servers).  Requests in the 99 percentile
went from ~400ms to 1000-1500ms. (Hystrix cutoff at 1.5s)

* Solr2 is a more traditional instance with long-lived data (updated once a
day, 24 shards with 2 replicas, across 8 servers).  Requests in the 99
percentile went from ~400ms to at least 1s. (Hystrix cutoff at 1s)

I've been looking around, but cannot really find a reason for the
performance degradation.  Does any of you have an idea?

Cheers,

Henrik

Re: Performance degradation after upgrading from 6.2.1 to 6.4.1

Posted by Dorian Hoxha <do...@gmail.com>.
Did you see the other thread ? It looked like a problem with logging.

Posted by Ere Maijala <er...@helsinki.fi>.
It might be <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10130>.

--Ere

--
Ere Maijala
Kansalliskirjasto / The National Library of Finland