Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Nick Peeples <ni...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/02 16:21:23 UTC

Re: Eclipse Maven2 plugin - build problem?

I got fed up with trying to fix it at home, so I made the plunge to
get it up and running on WinXP Pro at work. It seems that this works
just fine, so the variable here must be Linux (Kubuntu 7.04). Is there
anyone who has made it threw the developers setup guide successfully
on a similar platform?

-Nick

Posted by johnalewis <jl...@unicon.net>.
Looks like this problem is only happening when running Eclipse using the
java-gcj JVM, which is the default with Ubuntu's Eclipse package.  In that
package, /usr/bin/eclipse is really a script that launches Eclipse and it
provides several ways to customize its behavior:

At a system level, you can edit /etc/eclipse/java_home to control the list
of places it will look for a */bin/java to execute.

At a per-user level, you can set JAVA_HOME and it will use that instead of
looking at /etc/eclipse/java_home.

Also at a per-user level, you can add something like this to the file
~/.eclipse/eclipserc :
JAVACMD="/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/jre/bin/java"

You can also control VM arguments from the same file with something like
this:
VMARGS="-Xms128m -Xmx512m"

Anyway, switching to the Sun JVM eliminates this problem.

Hope that helps!

- John Lewis

Posted by Nick Peeples <ni...@gmail.com>.
As it turns out, it is something related to the Eclipse build within
Ubuntu. I downloaded eclipse straight from eclipse.org and i can get
both the 1.4 and 1.5 unpublished projects to build just fine.

-Nick

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.