Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Yang <te...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/28 01:24:03 UTC

Camus reads from multiple offsets in parallel?

we have a single partition, and the topic contains 300k events.

we fired off a camus job, it finished within 1 minute. this is rather fast.

I was guess that the multiple mappers must be reading from multiple offsets
in parallel, right?

otherwise if they are reading in serial (like in a consumer group, which a
previous thead has clarified to be not the case, i.e. camus does not use
group api), it would be very slow.

Thanks
Yang

Re: Camus reads from multiple offsets in parallel?

Posted by Yang <te...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for that info Jun.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.