Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org> on 2018/12/06 14:59:23 UTC

[git] new repository: sling-org-apache-sling-scripting-bundle-tracker

Hi,

As some of you might know from adaptTo() 2018, Karl and I have been working on a new way of resolving and deploying scripts in Sling [0]. Now we’d like to move the code into its own repository, for better tracking of the features we’re developing but also to avoid issues with whiteboard commits removing some of the git submodules we’re still depending on.

Therefore we’d like to create the following new repository:
sling-org-apache-sling-scripting-bundle-tracker

Please let us know if you have anything against this by tomorrow at 12:00 CET.

Thanks,
Radu

[0] - https://github.com/apache/sling-whiteboard/tree/master/scripting-resolver

Re: [git] new repository: sling-org-apache-sling-scripting-bundle-tracker

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
ACK. I’ll create them tomorrow at around 12PM CET unless someone objects to this.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2018-12-06 at 17:13 +0100, Radu Cotescu wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> > On 6 Dec 2018, at 16:01, Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Which bundles from the whiteboard are you going to move? There seem
> > be multiple projects there.
>
> That’s actually a good question. We’d need 3 modules, I think:
>
> 1. The actual tracker
> 2. The Maven plugin that generates requirements and capabilities
> headers for bundles that provide scripts
> 3. IT
>
> I’d be tempted to say that for starters we could maybe push
> everything into one repo and that as soon as we’re ready for a
> release we could extract all of them into their own separate
> repository? Or should we actually start with 3 repos?

For the feature model we created repositories as we became ready to
release modules, so I suggest we create start with 1 project per repo
now as well.

Not really sure whether there's a difference between multiple projects
per repo in the whiteboard vs multiple projects per repo in a different
github repo.

Robert

Posted by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert,

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 4:01 PM Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Radu,
>
> On Thu, 2018-12-06 at 15:59 +0100, Radu Cotescu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > As some of you might know from adaptTo() 2018, Karl and I have been
> > working on a new way of resolving and deploying scripts in Sling [0].
> > Now we’d like to move the code into its own repository, for better
> > tracking of the features we’re developing but also to avoid issues
> > with whiteboard commits removing some of the git submodules we’re
> > still depending on.
> >
> > Therefore we’d like to create the following new repository:
> > sling-org-apache-sling-scripting-bundle-tracker
>
> Which bundles from the whiteboard are you going to move? There seem to
> be multiple projects there.

I think it would be the org-apache-sling-scripting-resolver for now.

regards,

Karl

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com

Re: [git] new repository: sling-org-apache-sling-scripting-bundle-tracker

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Radu,