Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Yoshinobu Kano <ka...@is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp> on 2008/11/14 17:05:29 UTC

U-Compare first public release announcement

Dear UIMA users,

The U-Compare Initiative is pleased to announce the first public release of
U-Compare system ( http://u-compare.org/ ); an easy-to-use system for the
construction and comparison of NLP workflows.

U-Compare is an integrated text mining/natural language processing system
based on the UIMA Framework which provides access to the worlds largest
repository of type system compatible UIMA components. The components come
from a wide range of different research groups, and currently include corpus
readers, syntactic parsers, semantic entity recognizers, as well as a
variety of other tools. New components are being added all the time, and we
expect to be adding a selection of more resources like relation extraction
tools in the near future.

>From these, or any UIMA components, U-Compare allows users to build complex
NLP workflows by simply dragging-and-dropping components into order. These
workflows may then be run from within the U-Compare system which
automatically makes available a range of data visualization and comparison
tools. The workflows created in U-Compare can also easily be exported and
shared with other U-Compare users and because any UIMA component can be
included in workflows, U-Compare also functions as a general UIMA workflow
creation tool.
Comparison of components and workflows is a central feature of the system,
which was a task difficult to achieve with only the original Apache UIMA
tools. U-Compare allows sets of components to be run in parallel on the same
inputs and automatically generates statistics for all possible combinations
of these components. This ability allows user to not only compare the
performance of various components, but also
to find optimal combinations for a given task.

The system can be launch directly from the web by clicking the "Launch
U-Compare" button on the U-Compare homepage: http://u-compare.org/

U-Compare is a joint project between the University of Tokyo, the Center for
Computational Pharmacology at the University of Colorado Health Science
Center, and the National Centre for Text Mining at the University of
Manchester.

Please refer to the documentation on the U-Compare web site for further
details.
We are looking forward to receiving feedback and contributions of compatible
UIMA components from developers.

Respectfully,

U-Compare Initiative
--
Yoshinobu Kano
kano@is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp

Fwd: U-Compare first public release announcement

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
FYI, might be of interest to people in Mahout-land...

Begin forwarded message:

Grant Ingersoll

Lucene Helpful Hints: