Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com> on 1997/05/27 06:55:40 UTC

new apache home page take 1

http://bong.com/~brian/apsite/

No new look or graphics or anything, I just moved the mirror listing to its own
page (since it was getting extremely voluminous), moved the categories under
the web site to the top, made the categories a table, etc.  Overall reduced the
size of the text of the home page from 13K to 3K.  Let me know what you think,
silence = consent. :)

	Brian

Re: new apache home page take 1

Posted by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>.
Simple. Functional. Looks OK, loads fast even on a dialup.

--
chuck
Chuck Murcko

Re: new apache home page take 1

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
Sure.  Looks ok to me.

Many of the web pages could use a little going over to make them a bit
nicer, in a uniform style of course.  Nothing too fancy, but something
functional that has the impression of being less than 3 years old.  If
only there existed a person with the time...

Posted by Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>.
On Mon, 26 May 1997, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> http://bong.com/~brian/apsite/
>
> No new look or graphics or anything, I just moved the mirror listing to its own
> page (since it was getting extremely voluminous), moved the categories under
> the web site to the top, made the categories a table, etc.  Overall reduced the
> size of the text of the home page from 13K to 3K.  Let me know what you think,
> silence = consent. :)

Looks good to me. Although I think that someday we should think about
a new look and new graphics. Although the feather is pretty nifty,
I've never liked that yellow bullet, and the Apache web pages are
generally "low-tech" when compared to what passes for good web design
nowadays.

On an unrelated note, I was just reading about Apple's upcoming
OpenStep-based OS, code-named Rhapsody. Apparently they plan to, as
part of the optional UNIX compatibility layer, include a copy of
Apache. Interesting.

Alexei Kosut <ak...@nueva.pvt.k12.ca.us>      The Apache HTTP Server