Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Dan Dong <do...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/10 21:41:33 UTC

mesos-collectd-plugin

Hi, All,
  Does anybody use this mesos-collectd-plugin:
https://github.com/rayrod2030/collectd-mesos

I have installed collectd and this plugin, then configured it as
instructions and restarted the collectd daemon, why seems nothing happens
on the mesos:5050 web UI( python plugin has been turned on in
collectd.conf).

My question is:
1. Should I install collectd and this mesos-collectd-plugin on each master
and slave nodes and restart collectd daemon? (This is what I have done.)
2. Should the config file mesos-master.conf only configured on master node
and
    mesos-slave.conf only configured on slave node?(This is what I have
done.)
    Or both of them should only appear on master node?
3. Is there an example( or a figure) of what output one is expected to see
by this plugin?

Cheers,
Dan

Re: mesos-collectd-plugin

Posted by Steven Schlansker <ss...@opentable.com>.
Can you just use the Mesos cluster name?  We'd end up preferring that to a configuration tweak anyway.

Re: mesos-collectd-plugin

Posted by Jeff Schroeder <je...@computer.org>.

--
Text by Jeff, typos by iPhone

Re: mesos-collectd-plugin

Posted by Steven Schlansker <ss...@opentable.com>.

Re: mesos-collectd-plugin

Posted by Dan Dong <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Jeff,

Re: mesos-collectd-plugin

Posted by Jeff Schroeder <je...@computer.org>.

--
Text by Jeff, typos by iPhone

Re: mesos-collectd-plugin

Re: mesos-collectd-plugin

Posted by Dan Dong <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Dick,
  1. Yes, /opt/collectd/etc/collectd.conf is my main and only collectd
config file.
  2. Have put the <Module "mesos-master"> block into collectd.conf now.
  3. I have set only 1 master, and set the Host line to ip address of
master node and restarted collectd.

I think I have to install graphite on my cluster too to let the following
line works in collectd.conf:
LoadPlugin write_graphite

Cheers,
Dan