Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "J. Wolfgang Kaltz" <jw...@apache.org> on 2005/05/11 11:17:53 UTC

[trunk] language versions

There is currently a problem regarding navigation in multiple language
versions of a document. The creation works fine (except that the new
language version does not start off with a copy of the other version,
which is the way 1.2 behaves IIRC)

Testing as follows:
- create an english document
- create a german language version
- navigate to Site, we are on the "de" tab. So far everything is OK,
available languages are shown correctly (en de)
- clicking on the "en" tab however gives the error:

No pipeline matched request:
uri-parameter/default/doctype/authoring/index/default/info-authoring/index/testA_de.html
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler
for cocoon://lenya-page/default/info-authoring/default.xml:
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in
creating Transform Handler
Caused by: org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.PatternException: Cannot get
variable 'state' in expression '{workflow:state}'

What is "uri-parameter" ? How is it related to workflow:state ? And why
is there no workflow:state ?

So many questions ;P
Any ideas ?

--
Wolfgang

P.S. I'd like to factorize document creation code between
CreateDocument.java and CreateLanguage.java, but before I do that it
would be preferable if the current trunk is OK in this regard, so I can
make sure I don't break anything.

Re: [trunk] language versions

Posted by "J. Wolfgang Kaltz" <jw...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann schrieb:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>
>> Looking at the URL above, the tab link is apparently wrong.
>

> I fixed the link.

OK, thanks.

A couple of issues remain:
1. is maybe related to the previous one: the navigation does not take
into account the current tab, meaning: if I am on the "de" tab, all
links point to the default language, so you always navigate to the "en"
versions, even when "de" versions exist. Also, the navigation shows only
the english titles, even when in "de" tab

2. in Lenya 1.2, when creating a new language version of a document,
that document's content is copied into the new language version. This is
currently not the case in trunk. Do we want it to behave the same ?
I suppose we do ?

--
Wolfgang

Re: [trunk] language versions

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Looking at the URL above, the tab link is apparently wrong.

I fixed the link.

-- Andreas

Re: [trunk] language versions

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
J. Wolfgang Kaltz wrote:
> There is currently a problem regarding navigation in multiple language
> versions of a document. The creation works fine (except that the new
> language version does not start off with a copy of the other version,
> which is the way 1.2 behaves IIRC)
>
> Testing as follows:
> - create an english document
> - create a german language version
> - navigate to Site, we are on the "de" tab. So far everything is OK,
> available languages are shown correctly (en de)
> - clicking on the "en" tab however gives the error:

I can reproduce it.

> No pipeline matched request:
> uri-parameter/default/doctype/authoring/index/default/info-authoring/index/testA_de.html

                                                 ^

Looking at the URL above, the tab link is apparently wrong.

Apart from that, the exception should be more helpful ...

-- Andreas