Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ulrich Winter <ul...@gmx.de> on 2002/09/12 16:37:11 UTC

How to specify the service name when "local:" transport is used

Hi all,

I want to access a service "in process" that is via the "local:" transport.

But I get the following error:

The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!  targetService is
 at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:305)
 at org.apache.axis.transport.local.LocalSender.invoke(LocalSender.java:160)

The question is, how can I specify the service name, if no http transport is
used.
As I understand the name of the target service when using http transport is
specified in the http url (in the POST header field).

But in the local case there is no http request.
Do I have to use a SOAP-HEADER field?

I'm using axis 1.0 rc1.
I've deployed the service locally by Calling the AdminClient like this:

    org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient.main(
        new String[] {"-l", "local:///AdminService", "deploy.wsdd"});

The wsdd file works correctly, when I deploy the service in tomcat.

The client side is initialized as follows:
    SampleService stub =
        new SampleServiceLocator().getSample(new java.net.URL("local:"));

where SampleService and SampleServiceLocator have been generated by
WSDL2Java.

Thanks,
Uli

Re: How to specify the service name when "local:" transport is used

Posted by Ulrich Winter <ul...@gmx.de>.
ok - I found it:

the service name is specified in the portAdress like in http:
     SampleService stub =
         new SampleServiceLocator().getSample(new
java.net.URL("local:///Sample"));

Bye,
Uli