Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Sangjin Lee <sj...@apache.org> on 2015/10/31 18:07:29 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 2.6.2 Release

I am pleased to announce that the Apache Hadoop community has voted to
release Apache Hadoop 2.6.2.

Hadoop 2.6.2 is a continuing maintenance release in the Hadoop 2.6.x line
that builds on top of 2.6.1. It contains a number of critical fixes
backported from the 2.7 line and from the ongoing 2.8 line.

The release has 15 resolved issues in YARN and MAPREDUCE.

Please see the Hadoop 2.6.2 Release Notes <
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.2/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/releasenotes.html>
for
more detail.

The release news is also posted on the Hadoop website, and you can go to
the downloads section directly (
http://hadoop.apache.org/releases.html#Download). The release documentation
is up at http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.2/.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the release, and special thanks to
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli for helping shepherd the release process!

Regards,
Sangjin

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 2.6.2 Release

Posted by Vinod Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks for the push Sangjin!

+Vinod