Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by gliesian <ro...@gliesian.com> on 2013/09/08 05:21:37 UTC

template components

I feel that the two template components are not properly named...

We have:

camel-freemarker
camel-stringtemplate

I feel that they should both be changed to (perhaps, because the first is
long):

camel-freemarker-template
camel-string-template

Thanks,
Robert

AW: template components

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.
> We also have camel-velocity, to be complete here.
> What's your issue?
> We took the name from the framework/library we use under the cover.
> Renaming it would be a breaking change. So, I'm -1 for this change.
>

> > I feel that the two template components are not properly named...
> >
> > We have:
> >
> > camel-freemarker
> > camel-stringtemplate
> >
> > I feel that they should both be changed to (perhaps, because the
> first is
> > long):
> >
> > camel-freemarker-template
> > camel-string-template

If renaming I would introduce a "group"
camel-template-[freemarker|stringtemplate|velocity].

But I dont think this is necessary.
Maybe a "chapter" in the manual would be enough ...

Jan

Re: template components

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
We also have camel-velocity, to be complete here.
What's your issue?
We took the name from the framework/library we use under the cover.
Renaming it would be a breaking change. So, I'm -1 for this change.

Best,
Christian