Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by SenthilKumar K <se...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/30 16:04:26 UTC

Kafka Time Based Index - Server Property ?

Hi All ,  I've started exploring SearchMessagesByTimestamp
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-33+-+Add+a+time+based+log+index#KIP-33-Addatimebasedlogindex-Searchmessagebytimestamp
.

Kafka Producer produces  the record with timestamp .  When i try to search
Timestamps few cases its working but in few case its not working.

Working Case :  If i ask kafka to fetch timestamp last 15 minz , i could
see consumer.offsetsForTimes returns results .

Not working Case:  If i ask Kafka to fetch last 2 minz or 1 min , i could
see consumer.offsetsForTimes returns nothing.

My Kafka Cluster is running with default server.properties , Am i missing
anything here ?  Is there any setting to make it working  for the case last
30 seconds etc  ???

Pls advise me here ...

Cheers,
Senthil