Posted to user@ant.apache.org by di...@multitask.com.au on 2004/01/08 02:04:02 UTC

Using PropertyHelper etc

I'm trying to remove the usage of commons-grant from Maven.

It's whole purpose in life is to provide the Maven properties to an Ant
project. PropertyHelper looks like it could help us here, but I can't find

any useful samples for using this or ProjectHelper.

Does anyone have pointers to code?
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

Re: Using PropertyHelper etc

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, <di...@multitask.com.au> wrote:

> I'm trying to remove the usage of commons-grant from Maven.

Great 8-).

> It's whole purpose in life is to provide the Maven properties to an
> Ant project. PropertyHelper looks like it could help us here,

Yes, it should.

> but I can't find any useful samples for using this

Take a look into
proposal/embed/src/java/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/ in
Ant's CVS.  The code may not be 100% up-to-date but this is the
initial proposal PropertyHelper came from.  The directory contains
example PropertyHelpers for JXPath, Velocity and for "calculated"
properties using Jexl as the expression language.

Stefan

--
http://stefanbodewig.blogger.de/

Re: Using PropertyHelper etc

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> Does anyone have pointers to code?

There are two files here that work:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/metamorphosis/krysalis-viprom/src/java/ant/org/krysalis/viprom/ant/

BTW: If you have the Ant source code I think there are some 'built in'
examples, if not in the main line, maybe proposals. The xpath one for
example. I forget exactly what/where, sorry...

regards

Adam