Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Vijay Mhaskar - 2 <nu...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/09 07:28:29 UTC

Error while merging Solr indexes

Hi All,

I am trying to merge Solr indexes from two cores . Core1 has 0.2 Million
docs and Core2 has 0.3 Million docs. Along with other fields we also have
5-6 Shingle fields in our schema.xml. We are getting below error when we try
to run script

<lst name="error">
<str name="msg">
Too many values for UnInvertedField faceting on field text_shingles
</str>
<str name="trace">
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Too many values for UnInvertedField
faceting on field text_shingles at
org.apache.lucene.uninverting.DocTermOrds.uninvert(DocTermOrds.java:509) at
org.apache.lucene.uninverting.DocTermOrds.<init>(DocTermOrds.java:215) at
org.apache.lucene.uninverting.DocTermOrds.<init>(DocTermOrds.java:206) at
org.apache.lucene.uninverting.DocTermOrds.<init>(DocTermOrds.java:199) at
org.apache.lucene.uninverting.FieldCacheImpl$DocTermOrdsCache.createValue(FieldCacheImpl.java:946)
at
org.apache.lucene.uninverting.FieldCacheImpl$Cache.get(FieldCacheImpl.java:190)
at

Merging works fine when we try to merge core with less than ~10000 records.
What can be issue here?