Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Ankit Murarka <an...@rancoretech.com> on 2013/08/03 09:22:20 UTC

How to Index each file and then each Line for Complete Phrase Match. Sample Data shown.

Hello All,

I have this mentioned in the log file. Till now I am indexing the
complete directory containing files which contain data like this:

Now I need to index each line of the file to implement complete phrase
search. I intend to store phrases in index and then use SpellChecker API
to suggest me similar phrases.

7/20/2013 7:45 	*package execution happening-1
* 	FATAL 	*check request has been sent for instance* 	Ip:Port
	*EXCEPTION*
7/20/2013 7:45 	*This is not working perfectly
* 	DEBUG 	*check request for instance being received is status=200
* 	Ip:Port 	*EXCEPTION*
7/20/2013 7:45 	*Encountering a constant error.
* 	DEBUG 	*response is not proper.Expecting some more information on
this detail.
* 	Ip:Port 	*EXCEPTION*
7/20/2013 7:45 	*This needs urgent attention
* 	FATAL 	*I am still trying to ensure it is running perfectly.
Encountering some issues.
* 	Ip:Port 	*EXCEPTION*

7/20/2013 8:01 	*Job is running fine.*
	INFO
*************************************************************************\

*Exception Occured in ClassFactory* 	* Function()
java.nullPointerException: Value is null
* 	*Should not be null*

To implement complete phrase search I reckon I need to index each line and store the phrase .*Phrases in the above mentioned table are highlighted in Bold.*

So, if I am able to index these and store these phrases as indexes, so when User tries to search for "package executing",

the Lucene would be able to provide me "package execution happening-1" as a valid suggestion..

These columns does not have a name to them and hence I cannot index based on column name. Also as shown in the table above, first column may contain time/date or a phrase in itself (shown in last row).

Please suggest. How is it possible using Lucene and its API. Javadoc does not seem to guide me anywhere for this case.

--
Regards

Ankit Murarka

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared with what lies within us"

Re: How to Index each file and then each Line for Complete Phrase Match. Sample Data shown.

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
The suggester builds its own index when you call the build() method;
you need to provide a TermFreqIterator that iterates over all your
suggestions.

Each suggester has different tradeoffs, e.g. the FST based suggesters
are prefix-only matching, while AnalyzingInfixSuggester will suggest
based on non-prefix matches.  You can see AnalyzingInfixSuggester
running at http://jirasearch.mikemccandless.com e.g. try typing fst.

If you want spell-checker like behavior, use FuzzySuggester, which
allows up to 2 "edits" when finding a matching suggestion.

Once the suggester is built, use the lookup method to find suggestions ...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 3:39 AM, Ankit Murarka
<an...@rancoretech.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I dont seem to figure out what to use. Started with AnalyzingSuggester and
> passed StandardAnalyzer to its constructor.
>
> But essentially in order to get the suggestions, I will have to index the
> already indexed document. Now how do I index it again using this
> AnalyzingSuggester.
>
> I cannot use SpellChecker with this as this seem to accept only Analyzer and
> not AnalyzerSuggester.
>
> Is there a different way of using this AnalyzingSuggester to get the search
> suggestion..
>
> Also, verified from the Luke, that indexing the document with
> LineNumberReader is actually working properly. Each line is being separately
> indexed.
>
> Now how do I go about implementing this phrase did you mean search ???
>

> On 8/5/2013 5:08 PM, Michael McCandless wrote:
>>
>> Why not use one of the suggesters under lucene/suggest/*?
>>
>> Mike McCandless
>>
>> http://blog.mikemccandless.com
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 4:49 AM, Ankit Murarka
>> <an...@rancoretech.com>  wrote:
>>

>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> 1. What I am trying to implement is "Complete Suggestion Match-Did You
>>> Mean
>>> feature for a phrase. I did it for Single Word. I want to do it now for
>>> Sentence."
>>>
>>> 2. What my understanding of indexing each line as a valid phrase in a
>>> particular file is as follows:
>>>
>>> a. Instead of providing a directory name to index, give file name.
>>> b. Following code to read each line..  This might be wrong as I am not

Posted by Ankit Murarka <an...@rancoretech.com>.
Hello.

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.

Posted by Ankit Murarka <an...@rancoretech.com>.