Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Donald Woods <dr...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/15 05:39:45 UTC

Will the Eclipse Plug-in work with the minimal-tomcat/jetty assemblies?

Sachin, any known restrictions why the Plug-in can't be used with the
minimal-tomcat-server assembly?

-Donald

Re: Will the Eclipse Plug-in work with the minimal-tomcat/jetty assemblies?

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 15, 2006, at 11:09 AM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Hmmmm is there a way we could interrogate the server runtime to
> determine its feature set and then block the deployment of non-
> supported apps?

Currently the framework doesn't allow a way to do this, although
there are plans in WTP to be able to support this type of flexibility
in the future.

> There was an earlier Plugin thread, where Aaron said we should be
> able to upgrade a minimal Tomcat/Jetty assembly to include Axis
> support if we create the geronimo-plugin file, which would mean
> you'd have to create more than 2 server runtime types to support
> all of the possible variations....

Actually no you wouldn't.  The web services facet is an extension to
the web facet.  Thus having a geronimo runtime that only supports the
web facet will still allow web-services support.

> Sachin Patel wrote:
>> I haven't tried but it should work.  However since the minimal
>> assemblies only support web deployments, I'll probably need to
>> define  a new runtime type (as a temp solution) to restrict
>> applying the  minimal runtime to ejb projects, etc...
>> On Jun 14, 2006, at 11:39 PM, Donald Woods wrote:
>>> Sachin, any known restrictions why the Plug-in can't be used
>>> with  the minimal-tomcat-server assembly?
>>>

>>> -Donald
>> -sachin

-sachin

Re: Will the Eclipse Plug-in work with the minimal-tomcat/jetty assemblies?

Posted by Donald Woods <dr...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
I haven't tried but it should work.  However since the minimal
assemblies only support web deployments, I'll probably need to define
a new runtime type (as a temp solution) to restrict applying the
minimal runtime to ejb projects, etc...

On Jun 14, 2006, at 11:39 PM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Sachin, any known restrictions why the Plug-in can't be used with
> the minimal-tomcat-server assembly?
>

> -Donald

-sachin