Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/08/17 13:41:34 UTC

[filevault] Serializing nodes to XML

Hi,

I'm looking into using FileVault's capabilities for our upcoming Sling
IDE Tooling. My approach is to reuse bits and pieces of FileVault and
plug them into the Eclipse's extension points, rather than delegate to
coarse-grained operations like 'checkout' or 'update workspace'.

I've tried to locate the area of code which is responsible for
serializing a Node into an XML respresentation - the .content.xml format
- but failed. What part of the code is responsible for representing
Nodes in an XML format?

Thanks,

Robert

Re: [filevault] Serializing nodes to XML

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@lmn.ro>.
Hi Toby,

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 8:43 AM, Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> the serialization depends on the artifacts of the aggregate. Generic
> nodes are represented in SerializerArtifacts, which use the
> DocViewSerializer which use the DocViewSAXFormatter. So
> DocViewSAXFormatter is probably what you're looking for. Note, there
> is also a customized XMLSerializer that is used to sort the XML
> attributes and enforce constant indentation.

OK, I started following down that path. It seems to be that in order
to get a usable DocViewSAXFormatter I need to start with a
VaultFileSystem, and then look up the aggregate based on the path I
want to serialize. Is that correct? I'd be happy if there was a
simpler way, but I don't see it right now.

> Note that the filevault architecture is very abstracted. the idea once
> was to have a transparent FS layer on top of a JCR repository that
> also could be accessed via any other (virtual) filesystem like webdav.
>
> In the meantime, I believe we should add a much simpler approach that
> is less complicated and more robust and especially forget about the
> svn-like operations like vlt ci, vlt co, vlt diff, vlt st.

+1, would be very good. Some vault operations are easily pluggable
into Eclipse, but others like the XML serialization do take a bit to
tweaking.

Thanks,

Robert

--
Sent from my (old) computer

Re: [filevault] Serializing nodes to XML

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert,