Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "McKisson, Shawn" <sh...@question.com> on 2001/01/09 02:29:23 UTC

Weblogic 5.1 EJB Deployment Descriptor enhancement proposal

Visual Cafe (from the WebGain studio) tries to make the developers life
easier by generating the deployment descriptors.
Unfortunately, the manner in which it packages does not work well with ant.

Any given jar file might contain the following deployment descriptors
1 ejb-jar.xml
1 weblogic-ejb-jar.xml
X weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jarX.jar files (not counting the first, which is just
weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml)

We have custom hacked ant 1.2 to accomplish what we need by forcing a copy
of weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar[1-9].xml to location where ejbc can find it, but
this is not at all elegant.

After reading some relevant posts in the ant-dev group, I decided that I
wanted to implement one of the nicer proposals listed there. The one I am
going to choose will parse weblogic-ejb-jar.xml extract determine exactly
which deployment descriptors should be included when copying files.

However, I don't want to duplicate work that someone else is doing, so  I am
posting here in order to determine if someone else has already begun work
towards resolving this issue.

--shawn

RE: Weblogic 5.1 EJB Deployment Descriptor enhancement proposal

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@ebinteractive.com.au>.
Shawn,

This has already been implemented in ant 1.3. For backwards compatibility, A
new attribute has been introduced, oldCMP, which controls how ejbjar will
determine the CMP deployment descriptor(s) to use. If you set oldCMP to
false, it will parse the weblogic descriptor. If you have been using ejbjar
with the old scheme, then changing oldCMP to false will also require you to
update you weblogic deployment descriptor to give the "correct" name of the
CMP descriptor.

It was a good idea to ask :-)

Cheers
Conor