Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Bill Janssen <ja...@parc.com> on 2004/11/03 01:46:11 UTC

1.4.2 breaks NewMultiFieldQueryParser by re-writing args list of getFieldQuery()

It looks like 1.4.2 quietly broke the API exported by 1.4.1, which my
NewMultiFieldQueryParser depended on.  In particular, the Analyzer
argument to getFieldQuery disappeared.

Now, you folks shouldn't do this in a micro-release.  Just add the new
method, without removing the old one.

And, if you do do it, you should note it in the CHANGES.txt file.

And, if you do do it, you should have a way of detecting which version
of Lucene is being used, so that developers can cope at configure
time.  Is there such a way?  An easy command-line test to tell the
1.4.1 jar file from the 1.4.2 jar file?

Bill

Re: 1.4.2 breaks NewMultiFieldQueryParser by re-writing args list of getFieldQuery()

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Bill,

I noticed this issue also based on my example QueryParser subclasses
for Lucene in Action.  This was discussed recently on this list, and
has been corrected in CVS.  I believe a 1.4.3 release is coming soon.

	Erik