Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Raymond Zhou <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/23 02:31:54 UTC

APIs for ws-security paramenters

Hi there,
�
I am planning to use rampart-c as a module in my axis2/c to support ws-security in a web service client application. I know I can configure the policy files in the client repository. My question is that if all these variables/parameters can be set programmably using some sort of APIs. I�want�to do this because I would like to save the parameters in a database tables instead of a local file and�I also want to be able to develop a UI for users to easily set/edit/change the values.
�
Thanks!
Raymond

Re: APIs for ws-security paramenters

Posted by Uthaiyashankar <sh...@wso2.com>.
Hi Raymond,

Raymond Zhou wrote:
> Hi, Uthaiyashankar,
>
> I might actually be able to do the patch (providing APIs). But before I go
> to talk to my boss,  could you give me some estimates of the scope.
> I did not dig deep into the code, but I imagine it shouldn't be that
> complicated. I can pass the parameters from axis2/c just like
> rampart/c is currently doing for username/password, right?

Yes, you are correct. It is not a complicated stuff. I think you can do
it in one or two days.

> Another question: How do I test my web service client to make sure
> ws-security works? I need a web service server that support ws-security,
> right? How can I set up and find such a server? Any help is really
> appreciated.

You can use policies inside sample 5 and set up the server to test the
functionality.

Regards,
Shankar.

--