Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Esbensen, Peter (HIMCO + ERM)" <pe...@thehartford.com> on 2013/02/07 23:08:05 UTC

external refs

I am running into problems with references to external workbooks.

I am iterating through NameRecords to get information about what they
refer to.   So for each NameRecord I do:

Ptg[] nameDef = nameRecord.getNameDefinition();

Ref3DPtg ref3dPtg = (Ref3DPtg) nameDef[0];

hssfWorkbook.getSheetIndexFromExternSheetIndex(ref3dPtg.getExternSheetIn
dex()));

HssfWorkbook.getSheetIndexFromExternSheetIndex() bombs when the
reference is to an external workbook.

I'm fine with avoiding this error by ignoring these external refs, but
how do I know if they are refs to an external workbook?

It looks like maybe an InternalWorkbook can do it (getExternalSheet() ==
null) ... but before going that route ... is there a way to do it via
the HSSFWorkbook class?

Peter

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential and/or privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.