Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Artem Ervits <ar...@nyp.org> on 2013/02/20 14:18:15 UTC

Install components at a later time

Hello all,

Firstly, I'd like to thank the Ambari contributors for such a wonderful project. Secondly, I have a question regarding installation of additional components on 1.2.0. If I was to choose a minimal install of HDFS only, is there an option to install additional components at a later time? I was not able to find that option. In other words, if I was to choose not to install HBase during initial install or let's say LDAP integration, but come 1.2.1, I would like to do that. Is it possible to add additional components then? If not yet, what version is this option going to come with?

Thank you!

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank you.

Re: Install components at a later time

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Artem,
  Appreciate  your feedback. Unfortunately we have been looking to provide this feature but havent been able to get it stable for a production cluster. We expect this to be added as a fully stable feature in a month or 2. Though the API provides you a way of adding services after you've installed the services we do not recommend that as of now since the API's have not been hardened.

 Also please feel free to open jira's with any bugs/improvements you want to suggest.

thanks
mahadev