Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com> on 2016/09/13 16:10:35 UTC

Doc on embedded mode?

Folks, other than the reference at the very beginning of
https://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/, is there any doc on how to go
about embedding Karaf? If not, off to the source code, of course.

thanks

Re: Doc on embedded mode?

Posted by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com>.
Writing a class like org.apache.karaf.main.Main, which, I confess, is
pretty good doc all by itself.

I want to build an SDK for that consists of an entire Karaf application
hiding behind a class, and called via a service that publishes an interface
from a package added to the system bundle. Since Karaf itself has a rather
large classpath footprint, I expect to end up with a URLClassLoader for
'Main' and it's dependencies, launching OSGietc.

Re: Doc on embedded mode?

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
Benson-