Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by J Mohamed Zahoor <jm...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/22 20:03:47 UTC

multi field query with selective results

Hi

I have a word completion requirement where i need to pick result from two indexed fields.
The trick is i need to pick top 5 results from each field and display as suggestions.

If i set fq as field1:XXX AND field2:XXX, the top result comes entirely from field1 matches.
Is there any other way to get top 5 from field 1 matches and top 5 from field 2 matched results?

./Zahoor

Re: multi field query with selective results

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 12/23/2012 9:09 PM, Lance Norskog wrote:
> A thousand pardons! Thunderbird displayed your email as a hijack. Now,
> it does not. I really wish everyone's code could be free of bugs, like
> my code is :)

If you (or anyone else) has a problem like this again, go into
thunderbird's config editor and type thread into the search.  Make sure
that 'mail.strict_threading' and 'mail.correct_threading' are true.  On
version 17, these both default to true.  I think that in older versions
this may not have been the default, which would affect you if you've
been a long-time user and have been upgrading,

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: multi field query with selective results

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by J Mohamed Zahoor <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
Please start a new thread.