Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Alan Hodgkinson <al...@softxs.ch> on 2003/01/09 18:24:18 UTC

Turorial web page broken.

Dear All,

The four-step tutorial on the Torque site appears to be
broken. Namely, there are no links that lead you to steps
1-4. Interestingly, you can directly access the pages,
provided you know their names. E.g. there are no links
to get you to:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/torque/tutorial/step2.html
  http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/torque/tutorial/step3.html
  http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/torque/tutorial/step4.html

Could somebody fix it please?

I've also been reading some of the Betwixt web pages
and suspect that something similar happened. In this
case it's almost impossible to find a source download on
the Betwixt pages.

Perhaps someone should review the last Jakarta web site
reorganization to make sure other stuff didn't get lost
too. I suspect that some of the 'sub-menus' that were present
in many of the Jakarta web pages have gotten lost.

Many thanks in advance.

Alan.

Re: Turorial web page broken.

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.
the version number is on every page on the site ;-)

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/torque ponts to the docs for cvs HEAD
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/torque-30 points to the docs for
torque 3.0.x

but the docs are unchanged since the release so they should both apply
to 3.0

martin

Re: Turorial web page broken.

Posted by Vincent Stoessel <vi...@xaymaca.com>.

Alan Hodgkinson wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> The four-step tutorial on the Torque site appears to be
> broken. Namely, there are no links that lead you to steps
> 1-4. Interestingly, you can directly access the pages,
> provided you know their names. E.g. there are no links
> to get you to:
>
>   http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/torque/tutorial/step2.html
>   http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/torque/tutorial/step3.html
>   http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/torque/tutorial/step4.html
>
> Could somebody fix it please?
>
> I've also been reading some of the Betwixt web pages
> and suspect that something similar happened. In this
> case it's almost impossible to find a source download on
> the Betwixt pages.
>
> Perhaps someone should review the last Jakarta web site
> reorganization to make sure other stuff didn't get lost
> too. I suspect that some of the 'sub-menus' that were present
> in many of the Jakarta web pages have gotten lost.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Alan.

Vincent Stoessel
Linux Systems Developer
vincent xaymaca.com

Re: Turorial web page broken.

Posted by Travis Stevens <Tr...@noaa.gov>.
I've noticed this too... but it works fine if you click on the
Torque 3.0.x <http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/torque-30/index.html>
link from the turbine page http://apache.jakarta.org/turbine that is in
the left hand menu.  The link on the top right of the ame page will not
allow you to get to the sub tutorial menu.

-Trav