Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2004/07/06 15:27:15 UTC

Re: [issues] New comment: (FOR-124) The SVN repository needs some configuration tweaks

Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> If I am using this list I will be fine, or?
>
> "No matter what the OS, still needs to be configured
> or get into the habit of explicitly setting them
> whenever 'svn add' a new file." David
>
> ...if I set up my svn config with the above mentioned list I will be
> fine and do not have to explicitly set it before every add, right?

Don't know, maybe. There are always new filename extensions
being added, especially for xml config and properties files.

As i said, i think that the best defence is to get in the
habit of watching the svn client's pre-commit messages.

One thing that we do need to still be careful of, when we
accept patches from Jira or elsewhere, that we properly convert
the line-endings to our local operating system.

--
David Crossley