Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pedro <pe...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/05 20:37:50 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache security

Hi,

I have Apache 1.3 working with virtual hosts, PHP, mod_perl but I need to
find a way of allowing one specific virtual host to access and write to
files owned by root and other system users. I've looked into suEXEC but it
is not enough since there are many different owned files I have to have
access to it.
Basicly I am doing a web control panel for apache, pure-ftpd and qmail and
many configuration files from these servers are only world readable but not
writeable. I know webmin does it so it has to be a way of doing it somehow.
I'm not tied to any programming language and would consider any, even C.
Does anybody know how I can accomplish that?
Thanks in advance,

Pedro.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache security

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 10/5/05, Pedro <pe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have Apache 1.3 working with virtual hosts, PHP, mod_perl but I need to
> find a way of allowing one specific virtual host to access and write to
> files owned by root and other system users. I've looked into suEXEC but it
> is not enough since there are many different owned files I have to have
> access to it.
> Basicly I am doing a web control panel for apache, pure-ftpd and qmail and
> many configuration files from these servers are only world readable but not
> writeable. I know webmin does it so it has to be a way of doing it somehow.
> I'm not tied to any programming language and would consider any, even C.
> Does anybody know how I can accomplish that?
> Thanks in advance,

Look at sudo.

Joshua.