Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Jeffrey Puro <jp...@sterlingtesting.com> on 2006/05/02 16:41:11 UTC

RE: Generic BPM API and ESB Integration

This JSR seems to be aimed at describing business processes on a class
level (annotations etc.) and it doesn't seem to address starting up
engines and manipulating them in a declarative fashion.  We need
something that abstracts away the particular BPM implementation similar
to the way that cargo hides the particular J2EE server you are using.
Perhaps this is what this JSR intends on eventually doing, but until it
gets released there are still numerous engines out there with their own
specific means of configuration and communication methods.  There is
also of course the issue of JBI :).  BPM's should have some notion of
this or there should be components to proxy the BPM so that ESB's can
properly talk to them.

-Jeff