Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Xiaoyong Zhu <xi...@microsoft.com> on 2015/07/29 03:47:19 UTC

how is the hive application name generated (for Hive on Tez)?

When a Hive job is submitted via Templeton/WebHCat, the server will launch a MR application named "TempletonControllerJob" which will launch the "real" Hive jobs. We want to know the exact mapping relationship between the "real" Hive on Tez application and the TempletonControllerJob application (i.e. know which Tez application is corresponding to which TempletonControllerJob application), and the best way seems to use the application name here. Not sure if someone could share the code pieces on how the name is generated so we could map them?
<also if there are other ways to map those two types that's even better:)>
[cid:image001.png@01D0C9E3.8D6D3CD0]

Xiaoyong