Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Dave Meier <DM...@SERENA.com> on 2006/10/17 22:43:58 UTC

WSDL2C REST question

To use REST with Axis2C, do I need to define my inputs and outputs as
generic XML nodes or can I use specifically defined structures for
these?  I want to provide both a SOAP based interface and some REST
based CRUD operations and hopefully share the same code where there is
overlap.

Thanks,

-Dave.

are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: WSDL2C REST question

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Dave Meier wrote:
> To use REST with Axis2C, do I need to define my inputs and outputs as
> generic XML nodes or can I use specifically defined structures for these?
You have to work at XML level; it is an XML-in/XML-out model that we
support.
There are no predefined structures for doing REST.
> I want to provide both a SOAP based interface and some REST based CRUD
> operations and hopefully share the same code where there is overlap.
You can write a single service and achieve this. Say you write a service
named foo, you can consume that both using SOAP and REST style calls
with Axis2/C server.

Samisa...