Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by oo...@gmx.de on 2004/08/30 18:29:37 UTC

request -> servervariables("LOGON_USER')

Hi List!

If the command from the subject would work like on an iis I would have the
info I need. Unfortunatelly it doesn't and I also don't want to use iis. Can
anybody tell me how I can get this peace of information. I want to make a
helpdesk and when users from our domain open the helpdesk they should be
greeted by their name - without having to enter their username and passwd
like after a 401 response.

Hope anybody can help me, I would also accept if I had to do it with other
languages,

Wolfgang

--
Superg�nstige DSL-Tarife + WLAN-Router f�r 0,- EUR*
Jetzt zu GMX wechseln und sparen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: request -> servervariables("LOGON_USER')

Posted by wolfgang pauli <oo...@gmx.de>.
Thank you!

It works perfect! I also like that a prompt opens for users who are not
using IE.

> ookami@gmx.de wrote:
> > Hi List!
> >
> > If the command from the subject would work like on an iis I would have
> the
> > info I need. Unfortunatelly it doesn't and I also don't want to use iis.
> Can
> > anybody tell me how I can get this peace of information. I want to make
> > helpdesk and when users from our domain open the helpdesk they should be
> > greeted by their name - without having to enter their username and
> passwd
> > like after a 401 response.
> >
> > Hope anybody can help me, I would also accept if I had to do it with
> other
> > languages,
> >

> I would look at the Apache::AuthenNTLM module, which you would hook
> into the Auth layer before Apache::ASP processing.  Here is some
> more information online about this module:
>
>    http://search.cpan.org/~speeves/Apache-AuthenNTLM-2.07/
>
> Be sure to read this page also:
>
>    http://search.cpan.org/~speeves/Apache-AuthenNTLM-2.07/AuthenNTLM.pm
>
> Once you are using this module correctly, the user login name should
> be availble in the REMOTE_USER variable variable I believe.
>
> Regards,
>
> Josh

NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher f�r e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail

Re: request -> servervariables("LOGON_USER')

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.