Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Edward Gemar <eg...@forwardvue.com> on 2002/04/01 23:46:19 UTC

Is interoperability really possible...

Hi all,
            We are attempting to use axis to expose EJB's to a .net
client using axis.  We have the web service deploying fine, but when we
use MS's wsdl.exe to generate the c# proxies based on axis' WSDL we get
the following errors:

Schema validation warning: Type
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/:Array
' is not declared.
Schema validation warning: Type
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/:Array
' is not declared.
Schema validation warning: Type
'http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:Calendar' is n
ot declared.
Schema validation warning: Type
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/:Array
' is not declared.

Any ideas?  The arrays we are returning are complex types and the
Calendar class is java.util.Calendar.  I haven't seen any examples of
web service interoperability outside of simple methods returning
built-in types.  Is interoperability of non-trivial web services really
possible yet?

            Edward

Edward Gemar
ForwardVue Technologies, Inc.