Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by canan chen <cc...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/19 10:44:09 UTC

What's the best practice for developing new features for spark ?

I want to work on one jira, but it is not easy to do unit test, because it
involves different components especially UI. spark building is pretty slow,
I don't want to build it each time to test my code change. I am wondering
how other people do ? Is there any experience can share ? Thanks

Re: What's the best practice for developing new features for spark ?

Posted by Zoltán Zvara <zo...@gmail.com>.
I personally build with SBT and run Spark on YARN with IntelliJ. You need
to connect to remote JVMs with a remote debugger. You also need to do
similar, if you use Python, because it will launch a JVM on the driver
aswell.

Posted by Zoltán Zvara <zo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by canan chen <cc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by canan chen <cc...@gmail.com>.