Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jeff Barrett <JB...@sawyermedia.com> on 2003/08/20 01:56:48 UTC

[VFS][patch] rename plus various others

I've got a patch for VFS.  Here's the short list of changes:

- file rename for local, ftp and sftp providers (instead of expensive copyFrom() call)
- FileSystemException prints nested exceptions instead of hiding them
- fixed unattached, cached children bug (see AbstractFileObject.detach())
- in some places, throw the actual FileSystemException instead of nesting within another FileSystemException
- fix bug in FtpFileSystem where url-encoded usernames/passwords would be passed to the server still encoded
- added a messy hack to fix when FTP servers shut down idle connection (see FtpFileSystem.getClient())
- remove leading slashes in paths passed to SftpFileObject
- added ability to specify sftp known_hosts directory via vfs.sftp.known-hosts-dir sysprop (see SftpFileProvider)

I wasn't sure how to send this patch -- at the moment it's all one txt file.  If another format is desired, let me know.

The list above is pretty vague.  If any more info would be helpful about what I did or why, also let me know.

thanks,
+jeff

The information in this email and subsequent attachments may contain confidential information that is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). This message or any part thereof must not be disclosed, copied, distributed, or retained by any person without the authorization from the addressee.

Re: [VFS][patch] rename plus various others

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <ar...@yahoo.com>.
--- Jeff Barrett <JB...@sawyermedia.com> wrote:
[...]
> - FileSystemException prints nested exceptions
> instead of hiding them

Is this safe for JDK's earlier that JDK1.4? A quick
eyeball of the diff.txt makes me think otherwise.

regards,

Adam

=====
--
Adam R. B. Jack

Re: [VFS][patch] rename plus various others

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <ar...@yahoo.com>.