Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Artem Fedorov <ar...@blazemeter.com> on 2017/02/16 10:20:56 UTC

Rotating JTL file writer

Hello,

I want to write into JTL file a lot of data (about 50 megabytes per a
second). This file takes a lot of space on hard drive and fails tests
because of "Not enough space" errors.

I wrote a feature, that allows writing sequence of files, limited by number
of samples per file. This enables recorded file to be handled in some
background process, archived/deleted for saving free space. File names form
sequence like "result.jtl => result.1.jtl => result.2.jtl".

I made it as a subclass of ResultCollector, but it might be worth including
this as core feature of ResultCollector class.

Do you think this feature is worth including into ResultCollector? Or
should I keep it as standalone plugin for JMeter?

Thanks,
Artem