Posted to dev@streams.apache.org by Steve Blackmon <sb...@apache.org> on 2015/04/08 21:43:27 UTC

[DISCUSS] STREAMS-213 - maven site

Team,

Wanted to share some progress I made on generating a maven site for streams.

I've got a version deployed if you want to take a look.

Primary site:
http://streams.peoplepattern.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/streams-project/0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT/index.html

Streams-POJO module (page authored in markdown):
http://streams.peoplepattern.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/streams-project/0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT/streams-pojo/index.html

Javadocs (link to this in side menu on primary site):
http://streams.peoplepattern.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/streams-project/0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT/apidocs/index.html

Hard-link to activity JSON Schema
http://streams.peoplepattern.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/streams-project/0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT/streams-pojo/activity.json

A schema hard-link can be used as an http-based $ref in a jsonschema
definitions outside streams-project and jsonschema2pojo will generate
an object that extends a specific subclass of Activity or
ActivityObject!

{
"extends": {
  "$ref": "http://streams.peoplepattern.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/streams-project/0.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT/streams-pojo/verbs/post.json"
}
}

I've done some testing on this concept and it appears to be working.

Also note that because the version is in the URL, implementations can
depend on specific versions of the schema to defend against the
compile tooling failing if jsonschemas in streams change.

I think this is pretty cool and wanted to share.

Steve Blackmon
sblackmon@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] STREAMS-213 - maven site

Posted by Robert Douglas <ro...@gmail.com>.
Awesome work, Steve! Being able to reference schemas with a static URL will
be really helpful

Posted by Steve Blackmon <sb...@apache.org>.
After some maven and svn wrangling I've figure out how to publish
sites with maven site:deploy

http://streams.incubator.apache.org/site/streams-examples/0.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT/streams-examples-local/index.html

I think I can get this enabled on the examples repo with the white
Fluido styling prior to release.

Will adjust the url pattern to
http://streams.incubator.apache.org/${project.version}/${project.name}
which I think makes the most sense, unless anyone has a different URL
they'd like to propose.

Cheers,
Steve Blackmon
sblackmon@apache.org