Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Damon Jacobsen <da...@lifetouch.com> on 2009/10/28 01:31:16 UTC

NAR plugin

I am building the newly absorbed NAR project from source and using it. I
cannot seem to get it to use the borland compiler correctly. The
cpptasks project seems to have support for bcc. I have even updated the
aol.properties file to reflect the necessary setting to no avail. Has
anyone attempting getting the borland c compiler to run correctly? I
have gotten to where the compiler runs, but it returns messages about
declaration syntax errors. I do not get these errors with a standard
compile however.

Damon Jacobsen

RE: NAR plugin

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
the main aspect is to make sure you can build for all your environments
my personal pref of cygwin in that whatever i do in doze works in standard Unix and vice-versa
otherwise you're re-configuring the build for every platform/OS combo

i am interested to know how that works for you
Martin Gainty

Re: NAR plugin

Posted by Donszelmann Mark <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Damon,

On Oct 28, 2009, at 9:23 PM, Damon Jacobsen wrote:

> Mark,
>
> 	The Borland compiler can be downloaded @ http://www.codegear.com/downloads/free/cppbuilder
> . I use the borland compiler because I have used it for years and
> know it well.

Great, no problem. I am downloading it now.

> I am also attaching my aol.properties file that accomodates the
> Borland compiler. I am sure there is some sort of "patch"
> functionality in git, but this is easier for me for now.

I did not find the attachment. I will update the file if you provide
me with the attachment.

> I had to add Fortran instructions to the file along with the c an
> cpp instructions. I don't see any way to say that bcc can't compile
> fortran in the file.

yes, this has been filed as a bug.

Regards
Mark

RE: NAR plugin

Posted by Damon Jacobsen <da...@lifetouch.com>.
Mark,

	The Borland compiler can be downloaded @ http://www.codegear.com/downloads/free/cppbuilder. I use the borland compiler because I have used it for years and know it well. I am also attaching my aol.properties file that accomodates the Borland compiler. I am sure there is some sort of "patch" functionality in git, but this is easier for me for now. I had to add Fortran instructions to the file along with the c an cpp instructions. I don't see any way to say that bcc can't compile fortran in the file.

Damon

I am not an expert (yet) on git either. Merging can be strange
sometimes. If you just want the latest
of one file, you can just delete it and pull again. It will replace
that one.

I am still wondering why you use such an old compiler, but I guess ou
may have some code that
only compiles with that one...

I am sure the quote problem was fixed for running "javah" but I am
almost sure it was not fixed for
running "cl" or "bcc32". I am not sure I have that compiler. If you
have it for me to try it out that would be
useful. I have put it on my list to look at.

https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NAR-94

hope to look at it soon.

Regards
Mark

On Oct 28, 2009, at 6:45 PM, Damon Jacobsen wrote:

> Mark,
>
> 	I finished doing a merge and somehow got a merge conflict in the
> pom.xml. I failed miserable to merge it and could not figure out how
> to do a "replace from head". I fixed it by deleting my local
> repository, recloning, and remodifying my aol.properties file. I
> then reinstalled the plugin. I am getting the same results.
>
> Damon

>>> ''

Re: NAR plugin

Posted by Donszelmann Mark <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Damon,

I am not an expert (yet) on git either. Merging can be strange
sometimes. If you just want the latest
of one file, you can just delete it and pull again. It will replace
that one.

I am still wondering why you use such an old compiler, but I guess ou
may have some code that
only compiles with that one...

I am sure the quote problem was fixed for running "javah" but I am
almost sure it was not fixed for
running "cl" or "bcc32". I am not sure I have that compiler. If you
have it for me to try it out that would be
useful. I have put it on my list to look at.

https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NAR-94

hope to look at it soon.

Regards
Mark

On Oct 28, 2009, at 6:45 PM, Damon Jacobsen wrote:

> Mark,
>
> 	I finished doing a merge and somehow got a merge conflict in the
> pom.xml. I failed miserable to merge it and could not figure out how
> to do a "replace from head". I fixed it by deleting my local
> repository, recloning, and remodifying my aol.properties file. I
> then reinstalled the plugin. I am getting the same results.
>
> Damon

>>> ''

RE: NAR plugin

Posted by Damon Jacobsen <da...@lifetouch.com>.
Mark,

AW: NAR plugin

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

RE: NAR plugin

Posted by Damon Jacobsen <da...@lifetouch.com>.
Mark,

Re: NAR plugin

Posted by Donszelmann Mark <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Damon,

RE: NAR plugin

Posted by Damon Jacobsen <da...@lifetouch.com>.
Mark,

[...]

[DEBUG] Error E2194: Could not find file 'Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_16\include\win32.c

Re: NAR plugin

Posted by Donszelmann Mark <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi

RE: NAR plugin