Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by ThanhLe <th...@sangtao.net> on 2007/01/31 05:05:17 UTC

Torque generate xml scheme and database from Java object

Dear all,

My plan will be developing with Torque data object. Could you tell me
about Torque code sample?
I would like to generate xml scheme and database from Java data object.
Could Torque support this?

Have a nice day.

-Javanesevn

Re: Torque generate xml scheme and database from Java object

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.
I am not sure whether I understood your plan correctly. You want to create
an xml schema from existing java data classes ? If this is the case, I am
afraid that this is not possible.
It is possible to create an xml schema from an existing database, but this
automatically created schema need manual correction.

The standard way to use Torque is to manually create a schema.xml and from
this create the database and java classes. See the tutorial
(http://db.apache.org/torque/releases/torque-3.3/tutorial/index.html) for
this strategy.

    Thomas