Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Robert Lee <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/30 00:56:29 UTC

Cannot get Turbine 4.0-M1 to initalize in Tomcat7

I am still trying running Turbine 4.0-M1.

I cannot find a way around the java.langNoSuchFieldError:ROLE
thrown by: in TurbineRunDataService

pool =
(PoolService)TurbineServices.getInstance().getService(PoolService.ROLE);

I have been trying the Pool and Factory Services as in

pom.xml
<dependency>
             <groupId>org.apache.fulcrum</groupId>
             <artifactId>fulcrum-pool</artifactId>
             <version>1.0.4</version>
         </dependency>
TR.props
services.PoolService.classname=org.apache.fulcrum.pool.DefaultPoolService
services.FactoryService.classname=org.apache.fulcrum.factory.FactoryService;
roleConfiguration.xml

<role
         name="org.apache.fulcrum.pool.PoolService"
         shorthand="pool"
         default-class="org.apache.fulcrum.pool.DefaultPoolService"/>

     <role
         name="org.apache.fulcrum.factory.FactoryService"
         shorthand="factory"
         default-class="org.apache.fulcrum.factory.DefaultFactoryService"/>

What is the best workaround for this? I can go back to Turbine 2.4 or
4.0-M2 if none exist within M1.

Antwort: Cannot get Turbine 4.0-M1 to initalize in Tomcat7

Posted by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>.
Hi Robert, did you recompile fulcrum-pool-1.0.4.jar? I get a similar
error, if PoolService.ROLE is not set (commented), but the exception is
thrown then from DefaultParserService:

ERROR avalon - Servicing the following service failed : parser
java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: ROLE
	at org.apache.fulcrum.parser.DefaultParserService.service
(DefaultParserService.java:311)

How could the parser service start, without the pool service??

Best regards, Georg

Re: Cannot get Turbine 4.0-M1 to initalize in Tomcat7

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert,

On 30.10.13 00:56, Robert Lee wrote:
> I cannot find a way around the java.langNoSuchFieldError:ROLE
> thrown by: in TurbineRunDataService

A stack trace would be helpful. But see below.

> pool =
> (PoolService)TurbineServices.getInstance().getService(PoolService.ROLE);
>
> I have been trying the Pool and Factory Services as in
>
> pom.xml
> <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.apache.fulcrum</groupId>
>             <artifactId>fulcrum-pool</artifactId>
>             <version>1.0.4</version>
>         </dependency>

This looks ok to me.

> TR.props
> services.PoolService.classname=org.apache.fulcrum.pool.DefaultPoolService
> services.FactoryService.classname=org.apache.fulcrum.factory.FactoryService;

These two services should not be configured in TR.props. See the
step-by-step-guide at
http://wiki.apache.org/turbine/Turbine4/Turbine4.0M1/Migrate233

> roleConfiguration.xml
>
> <role
>         name="org.apache.fulcrum.pool.PoolService"
>         shorthand="pool"
>         default-class="org.apache.fulcrum.pool.DefaultPoolService"/>
>
>     <role
>         name="org.apache.fulcrum.factory.FactoryService"
>         shorthand="factory"
>         default-class="org.apache.fulcrum.factory.DefaultFactoryService"/>
>
> What is the best workaround for this? I can go back to Turbine 2.4 or
> 4.0-M2 if none exist within M1.

It looks as if you have different versions of the PoolService in your
classpath. Look into your WEB-INF/lib directory to see what is there. If
all fails, you may try to create a new Turbine 4 project from the
maven-archetype as described in
https://blogs.apache.org/turbine/entry/maven_archetypes_for_apache_turbine

HTH.
Bye, Thomas.