Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Lasith De Silva <la...@3chillies.co.uk> on 2021/10/27 11:59:30 UTC

Solr Synonyms list is not working

Hi,
We've tried to update the Synonyms list and ran a couple of queries in Solr but we didn't get the expected results.

https://www.screencast.com/t/xF7lUcNy8

These are the steps that we did to update the Synonyms list in Solr.
1) Update the synonyms.txt by using the given spreadsheet (Restarted Solr service in the VM)
2) Run this query in the Solr (please see the screenshot)
3) This is the folder path that we use to update the Synonyms list Folder path: C:\SOLR\solr-8.4.0\server\solr\configsets\_default\conf4)
4) tried changing the field type tokenize factory class but didn't see much difference.

Mainsite Infrastructure:
Azure app service
Azure VM for Solr instance
Sitecore 10

Any pointers you could provide to diagnosing this problem would be very much appreciated

Kind Regards,

Lasith De Silva

Title:          Support Developer
Phone:         +44 (0)1182 080246
Email:        lasith.desilva@3chillies.co.uk<ma...@3chillies.co.uk>
Address:    6 Beacontree Plaza, Reading, RG2 0BS.

EXPERIENCED TECHNOLOGY EXPERTS

[cid:image001.png@01D7CB32.79E8C420]<http://www.3chillies.co.uk/>[cid:image002.png@01D7CB32.79E8C420]<https://twitter.com/3chilliesuk> [cid:image003.png@01D7CB32.79E8C420] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/3chillies>

EMAIL DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), you must not use, distribute, copy or take any action in reliance on it, since to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please return it to the sender immediately and delete it from your system. E-mail messages are not secure and attachments may contain software viruses which may damage your system. Whilst we have taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept any liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of these factors. You are advised to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not represent those of 3chillies Limited unless otherwise stated. Registered office: 3chillies Limited, Unit 6, Beacontree Plaza, Gillette Way, Reading Berkshire RG2 0BS, United Kingdom.

Re: Solr Synonyms list is not working

Posted by dinesh naik <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lasith,
did you see the response from Shawn:

Unless you are utilizing the configsets feature, which most people don't
use in standalone mode, the active config for a core will be in
${instanceDir}/conf ... not under the configsets directory. You can
locate the instanceDir for a core by choosing the core in the dropdown
and going to the "Overview" section.  A core reload or server restart
will be required after editing the correct file.

Can you please share your instanceDir path ?

--
Best Regards,
Dinesh Naik

Re: Solr Synonyms list is not working

Posted by govind nitk <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lasith De Silva <la...@3chillies.co.uk>.
Hi,

Any update on this?

Thanks

Lasith

[cid:image001.png@01D7D625.B17EA500]<http://www.3chillies.co.uk/>[cid:image002.png@01D7D625.B17EA500]<https://twitter.com/3chilliesuk>[cid:image003.png@01D7D625.B17EA500]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/3chillies>

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 10/27/21 5:59 AM, Lasith De Silva wrote:

> 3) This is the folder path that we use to update the Synonyms list
> Folder path: C:\SOLR\solr-8.4.0\server\solr\configsets\_default\conf4)

It is not very likely that changing that file will affect a running Solr
core even after a reload or restart.

I can see from the video that the server you're on is not in cloud mode,
so the config will not be in ZooKeeper.  I didn't hear any sound on the
video, so I am assuming there was none.

Unless you are utilizing the configsets feature, which most people don't
use in standalone mode, the active config for a core will be in
${instanceDir}/conf ... not under the configsets directory. You can
locate the instanceDir for a core by choosing the core in the dropdown
and going to the "Overview" section.  A core reload or server restart
will be required after editing the correct file.

Thanks,
Shawn