Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by tm jee <tm...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2006/08/19 18:35:11 UTC

[s2] jira is down

Jira at http://issues.apache.org/struts/  is down.

What is the procedure to follow in such case, to get the jira instance up again?

Thx

Re: [s2] jira is down

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 8/19/06, Paul Benedict <pa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does releasing in JIRA actually send out emails for all the bugs attached to it???

No idea.  That's why I didn't do it last time this came up.

Anders says no, so go ahead.

--
Wendy

Re: [s2] jira is down

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 8/19/06, Paul Benedict <pa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Then Wendy, I guess I didn't understand Ted's comment. If releasing a version does not send out emails, do we need to turn off notifications?

Anders says that 'releasing' in JIRA doesn't send notifications, so no
need to turn them off.

Try one version and see what happens.

--
Wendy

RE: [s2] jira is down

Posted by Paul Benedict <pa...@yahoo.com>.

Anders Steinlein <an...@steinlein.no> wrote: > -----Original Message-----

No, it does not.

\Anders

RE: [s2] jira is down

Posted by Anders Steinlein <an...@steinlein.no>.

No, it does not.

\Anders

Re: [s2] jira is down

Posted by Paul Benedict <pa...@yahoo.com>.
Does releasing in JIRA actually send out emails for all the bugs attached to it???

Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote: On 8/19/06, Paul Benedict
 wrote:

> Should I try releasing the 1.0.0 product? We can have a release party afterwards :-)

Did either Ted's or Anders' advice make sense?  Let's try to avoid a
repeat of ApacheCon 2005 with hundreds of messages about old issues.
:)

--
Wendy

---------------------------------

Re: [s2] jira is down

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

RE: [s2] jira is down

Posted by Anders Steinlein <an...@steinlein.no>.

Or possibly even simpler, if you use bulk update you get to choose
whether to send emails for the updates or not.

\Anders

Re: [s2] jira is down

Posted by Paul Benedict <pa...@yahoo.com>.
I have admin rights. Thanks Wendy. JIRA is back up for me.

I sorted all the Struts version labels in the admin interface and filled out the dates when the GA product was released.

Should I try releasing the 1.0.0 product? We can have a release party afterwards :-)

Paul

Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> wrote: On 8/19/06, Wendy Smoak  wrote:
> Before you do this, we probably need to coordinate and switch Struts 1
> to a new notification scheme that does not send email for every
> change.  Can someone more familiar with JIRA config please comment?

The simplest thing might be to turn off notifications temporarily for
Struts 1, and then turn it back on again.

*  https://issues.apache.org/struts/secure/project/SelectProjectScheme!default.jspa?projectId=10121

[Administration / Notification Schemes / Struts 1 / Notifications: Select ]

and choose "None". Later come back and select "Struts" again. (We
named our notification scheme "Struts" too.)

-Ted.

---------------------------------

Re: [s2] jira is down

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: [s2] jira is down

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 8/19/06, Paul Benedict <pa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> All I did was select All Versions on Struts 1.x - I think maybe because we never closed  release, we just have too many bug reports for it to return.

OK.  I haven't seen Jeff Turner around lately, but it's in the log
file in the event someone wants to look into it.

> Wendy, any word yet on getting that permission? I'll close them out up to 1.3.4

It was somewhat hard to log in to grant permission after it died and
before Noel restarted it this morning. :)  I've added you to the
struts-developers group.  (You have two logins.  I used the one
without a domain name.)

Re: [s2] jira is down

Posted by tm jee <tm...@yahoo.co.uk>.
I see. If there's any problem that have to do with Struts2 infrastructure, we should open up a jira issue with INFRA. Do we create a jira issue directly or do we need to post it in the mailing list first.

rgds

> What is the procedure to follow in such case, to get the jira instance up again?

Paul reported that it died last night after a large query.

I opened an issue:  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-916

--
Wendy

Re: [s2] jira is down

Posted by Paul Benedict <pa...@yahoo.com>.
All I did was select All Versions on Struts 1.x - I think maybe because we never closed  release, we just have too many bug reports for it to return. Wendy, any word yet on getting that permission? I'll close them out up to 1.3.4

Re: [s2] jira is down

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.