Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Sundaram, Dinesh" <Di...@mastercard.com> on 2017/12/11 19:24:23 UTC

Solr ssl issue while creating collection

Hi,

How do I change the protocol to https everywhere including replica.
NOTE: I have just only one node 8983. started solr using this command.
bin/solr start -cloud -p 8983 -noprompt

1. Configure SSL using https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_1/enabling-ssl.html
2. Restart solr
3. Validate solr with https url https://localhost:8983/solr - works fine
4. Create a collection https://localhost:8983/solr/#/~collections
5. here is the response :
Connection to Solr lost
Please check the Solr instance.
6.Server solr.log: here notice the replica call goes to http port instead of https

2017-12-11 11:52:27.929 ERROR (OverseerThreadFactory-8-thread-1-processing-n:localhost:8983_solr) [ ] o.a.s.c.OverseerCollectionMessageHandler Error from shard: http://localhost:8983/solr
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: IOException occured when talking to server at: http://localhost:8983/solr
at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.executeMethod(HttpSolrClient.java:640)
at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:253)
at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:242)
at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrClient.request(SolrClient.java:1219)
at org.apache.solr.handler.component.HttpShardHandler.lambda$submit$0(HttpShardHandler.java:172)
at com.codahale.metrics.InstrumentedExecutorService$InstrumentedRunnable.run(InstrumentedExecutorService.java:176)
at org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor.lambda$execute$0(ExecutorUtil.java:188)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: org.apache.http.client.ClientProtocolException
at org.apache.http.impl.client.InternalHttpClient.doExecute(InternalHttpClient.java:187)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:83)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.CloseableHttpClient.execute(CloseableHttpClient.java:56)
at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.executeMethod(HttpSolrClient.java:525)
... 12 more
Caused by: org.apache.http.ProtocolException: The server failed to respond with a valid HTTP response
at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultHttpResponseParser.parseHead(DefaultHttpResponseParser.java:149)
at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultHttpResponseParser.parseHead(DefaultHttpResponseParser.java:56)
at org.apache.http.impl.io.AbstractMessageParser.parse(AbstractMessageParser.java:259)
at org.apache.http.impl.DefaultBHttpClientConnection.receiveResponseHeader(DefaultBHttpClientConnection.java:163)
at org.apache.http.impl.conn.CPoolProxy.receiveResponseHeader(CPoolProxy.java:165)
at org.apache.http.protocol.HttpRequestExecutor.doReceiveResponse(HttpRequestExecutor.java:273)
at org.apache.http.protocol.HttpRequestExecutor.execute(HttpRequestExecutor.java:125)
at org.apache.solr.util.stats.InstrumentedHttpRequestExecutor.execute(InstrumentedHttpRequestExecutor.java:118)
at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.MainClientExec.execute(MainClientExec.java:272)
at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.ProtocolExec.execute(ProtocolExec.java:185)
at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RetryExec.execute(RetryExec.java:89)
at org.apache.http.impl.execchain.RedirectExec.execute(RedirectExec.java:111)
at org.apache.http.impl.client.InternalHttpClient.doExecute(InternalHttpClient.java:185)
... 15 more

Dinesh Sundaram
MBS Platform Engineering

Mastercard
[cid:image001.png@01D37283.5B72AA80]<www.mastercard.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This e-mail message and any attachments are only for the use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, distribution or other use of this e-mail message or attachments is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please delete and notify the sender immediately. Thank you.

RE: Solr ssl issue while creating collection

Posted by "Sundaram, Dinesh" <Di...@mastercard.com>.
Thanks Erick for your valuable reply. Much Appreciated !!!

Dinesh Sundaram
MBS Platform Engineering

Mastercard

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by "Sundaram, Dinesh" <Di...@mastercard.com>.

2017-12-13 17:00:39.242 ERROR (OverseerThreadFactory-8-thread-1-processing-n:xx.xx.xx.xx:8983_solr) [   ] o.a.s.c.OverseerCollectionMessageHandler Error from shard: https://xx.xx.xx.xx:8983/solr
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: IOException occured when talking to server at: https://xx.xx.xx.xx:8983/solr
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.executeMethod(HttpSolrClient.java:640)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:253)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient.request(HttpSolrClient.java:242)
        at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrClient.request(SolrClient.java:1219)
        at org.apache.solr.handler.component.HttpShardHandler.lambda$submit$0(HttpShardHandler.java:172)
        at com.codahale.metrics.InstrumentedExecutorService$InstrumentedRunnable.run(InstrumentedExecutorService.java:176)
        at org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor.lambda$execute$0(ExecutorUtil.java:188)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: Certificate for <xx.xx.xx.xx> doesn't match any of the subject alternative names: []

Dinesh Sundaram
MBS Platform Engineering

Mastercard

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.